Saturday, October 17, 2009

What a grin!


Hi all! Now it's momma's turn to write a post. So, we had our weekly ultrasound on Thursday and this is a picture of our little boy! How cute! We can't decide if this is a smile on his face or he is just drinking in all the tasty amniotic fluid in his sac (I'm guessing it tastes like bubble gum!), but I like to think that he is smiling while thinking of all of the tomfoolery that he and his little sister will cause once they arrive.
The ultrasound went well; they both are still in there and growing. The reason for the weekly ultrasounds is because Little Girl is smaller and therefore at risk of losing placenta support more quickly. By keeping an eye on her growth and movement, we can know whether they can stay in longer or need to be delivered. Don't you worry, she is doing just fine, as she likes to demonstrate by pushing her head out the right side of my body as though I am birthing an alien through my ribs. So far, so good, so in they stay. We are now 33 weeks along and are hoping to reach 35 or 36 weeks if possible. Now, whether I can last that long is another story entirely.
Truthfully, as far as my condition, I am doing fairly well, considering the circumstances. I have not gone completely crazy yet. (Insert your favorite Yellow Wallpaper or Hitchcock's Rear Window references here.) I am living in my Lazy-boy recliner and am getting bigger by the minute. I miss my job as well as having freedom of movement to do everyday things. Keith has done a wonderful job taking care of me. He brings a cooler of food upstairs for me every day so I don't have to go downstairs and he keeps his cool when he is stuck with the housekeeping and grocery shopping. I tell you, though, there are days that I would give anything to switch with him-- give him the giant heavy belly and swollen feet and the recliner and I'll clean the whole house!
It is surprising how heavy these babies feel inside me and how much physical strain this experience puts on the body, but I know that it is all for a wonderful cause and that it will eventually come to an end. I am trying to enjoy sleep while I can, because I know that it will never be the same in a very short time. As some of you know, I love sleep more than chocolate, so we are in for a very rude awakening. Literally.
As the babies' arrival becomes more imminent, we are making the last preparations in the house and the nursery. We are so thankful to all of the family and friends who have been so generous with their support, gifts and donations of baby items to help us prepare for the madness that is about to unfold. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment